Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Partaking of the Fruits of My Labor....

Well, I've waited a long time, but I'm finally reaping the nutritious benefits of planting and tending to a vegetable garden. I've used my cilantro, basil, parsley in a pesto and then I made chicken fried rice with the sugar snap peas and they both were soooo good! These are by far the best sugar snap peas I've ever tasted! Oh, and I've also been using my dill in scrambled eggs.
Tonight, I'm harvesting zucchini for dinner. I have to wait for the green beans and corn.

Evie and Uncle Mick
My Uncle Mick was just here from Pennsylvania. He came out for Evie's Dedication and spent a lot of time with her. She likes him a lot, which doesn't surprise me because he was one of my favorite relatives growing up!
We are getting our house re-roofed as I type this post. Evie is napping through all the pounding and banging. She's probably not sleeping very well, but at least it's something. I think we are going to go to the pool today to keep a tired baby from getting too crabby! My objective for today is DISTRACTION!!! Keep me in your prayers!

4 comments:

sharonwharton said...

I am so inpressed with your garden!! Also with your little "flower" she has the Wharton hight going on there!!

Danielle said...

Wow, the garden looks great! We don't have any zuccini yet and we planted them before you, must be a different variety. We have lots of flowers though.

Dunamis said...

Reply:
[We don't have any zuccini yet and we planted them before you, must be a different variety.]

I don't think that is the case Danielle...I think it is just that we have superior dirt in St. Louis Park then what you have there in Edina.

Danielle said...

Bring the teasing on! I know you are just jealous of my address!