Thursday, June 3, 2010

Big Tree - Midnight Landscaping

Here's a video of the big tree we had planted this week.
So my husband comes to me at 4pm on a Friday afternoon and sells me on landscaping our whole front yard in 24 Hours. Well, since I've been married to this man for 10 years now I know his math. What he thinks he can do in 24 hours usually ends up taking 4-7 times longer. Well, this ended up taking 7 times longer. I'll post the before and during pictures and once we get our sod in I'll post the finished product.

These two pics are the uninspiring landscaping that came with the house.

Hubby rented a truck and came back from the nursery with over 50 plants and two trees

Hubby realized that he really should put in a drain pipe before doing the landscaping. That only added about 32 hours to the project.Our great friend from Oklahoma came up to visit us and what do we do? We put him to work! Anyone else want to come stay with us???The funny thing is that these two use to work together doing the same type of work in their early twenties. The following two pics are the reason why I talk about sod so much! We need sod ASAP!

2 comments:

Dunamis said...

Ok I am not sure about your math either. First the drain pipe did not take 32 hours. Second, if you take the drain pipe away I would have easily been done by 4 PM Saturday less the rock mulch....i.e. 24 hours.

Of course I would never have been able to hit that 24 hour mark if it were not for my wonderful wife who helped.

The Elwells' Weekly said...

Can't wait to see all the hard work! :)