Monday, June 2, 2008

Golf Ball Size Hail!!!

So I was at church on Saturday night with Evie, and I got called out of the service to pick her up. I couldn't imagine what the problem was because Evie had a good afternoon nap, she was fed and she normally loves playing with all the new toys in the nursery.

I leave the sanctuary to pick her up and all the grade school kids are in the central corridor sitting on the main floor. Obviously there's something up so I go to nursery and there's no Evie. There's no one in the room! Where's my baby? I go searching up and down the hallways looking for her. Finally, someone told me that the babies were moved to a more interior room down the hall. I guess there was a severe thunderstorm warning and all the kids had been moved to the storm shelter areas. Well, Evie did not like changing rooms, so therefore I was called out of the service to console her. Poor Cutie Pie! Change is tough sometimes....
There was some torrential downpours around church, but nothing too destructive. So when the storm had passed, Evie and I proceeded home and were stuck on the freeway due to several s. I kept seeing all this white stuff on the ground and I thought it was blossoms from the trees that the winds had just blew off. I didn't think much beyond that because the sun was shinning and the sky was totally clear. Then when we get the exit near our home I realize that the white stuff is not blossoms, it's marble - golf ball size hail!!!! Our block looked like a hurricane had hit it. Houses where dented in, windows broken, limbs down, leaves plastered over everything! So yes, the brand new beautiful siding that we just had replaced in the winter is now dented and will need to be replaced! We calling our insurance people today. This has been a crazy spring for storms!
Christian was home and instead of going downstairs to the basement he decides to get video of storm.....



4 comments:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

That's too bad about the siding! I was at home watching the weather reports on TV. We didn't even get the storm in Shakopee.

sharonwharton said...

That's my boy! He knows no fear!! what a shame about the siding!

Dunamis said...

I think the video was well worth the risk...besides it's not like there were sirens going off or anything

Danielle said...

Nice video work Chris, reminds me of the time we were in our first house and watching the straight line winds rip our 80 year old Elm tree out of the ground and throw it onto our neighbors garage, crushing it. We stood there in shock and then it occured to us to get in the basement.