Monday, March 17, 2008

What does it mean to be Thankful?

We had this great minister at my church this weekend and he taught on the Mercy & Grace of God. He said that one way we open ourselves up to more Grace is by being Thankful for what God has already done. We don't deserve either Mercy or Grace, but God gives it richly to us and He never runs out of it.
So I woke up this morning to a new sheet of snow on the ground and was tempted to complain, but Oh no! Not today! Today I am thankful!

I'm thankful for this beautiful state we live in where we experience all four seasons.
I'm thankful for my beautiful, healthy daughter who brings me joy everyday. I'm so blessed to be her momma.
I'm thankful to be a Stay-at-home-mom (SAHM). God has provided for us is so many ways using so many different people and avenues that we wouldn't have expected.
I'm thankful for my wonderful, sweet husband who strives after God's own heart. We had our 10 year dating anniversary yesterday.
I'm thankful for the great parents I've been given. I wouldn't be the person I am without them.
I'm thankful for my great in-laws! I know a lot of people can struggle to fit into their spouse's family, but mine is a blessing to me and I love them very much!
I'm thankful for my dog, Cozy. Even though I yell at her sometimes (sometimes a lot) she still loves on me unconditionally.

These are just a few things I'm thankful for and I endeavor to meditate on the good things in my life and Give Thanks to the Lord for the many blessings I've been given. If you need some encouragement to be thankful here's a great sermon to listen to:
Thanksgiving
God Bless your day!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Great post- thanks, Michelle. You're very inspiring.