Monday, March 3, 2008

Back from AZ!!

My most wonderful husband sent me to Arizona for a long weekend. So I had no baby, no waking up in the middle of the night, no house to clean and no meals to prepare!!! It was a fabulous mental and physical break! The only thing I had to do was remember the directions to the SPA!!

I went with my friend from high school, Angie. It was so much fun catching up with her and we also caught up with our friend Elizabeth who just moved out to AZ about a year ago. We stayed with my Aunt Barb and Uncle John. They are the best! They are like a second mom and dad! Love you guys! I also got to see my In-laws (Sharon, Staci, Logan, Ali and O'rien). My nephew O'rion is sooooooo cute! He's about one and a half years old and has a ton of energy!!! My niece Ali is twelve and is growing up sooo fast! She is going to spend a few weeks with us this summer and I cannot wait! She is a beautiful (inside and out) and I look forward to bonding with her.

Everyone has asked me how I did being away from Evie and overall I did very well. I knew her daddy would shower her with love while I was gone and this was important bonding time for the two of them.
I would really start to miss her and Christian in the evening right before bed, but I didn't let myself dwell on it. It was okay to miss her, but it was not okay to let that ruin my trip. By the third day I had gotten what I was after (rest, relaxation and fun) and was ready to come home. Thanks Hubby for taking care of me and Evie!!!

I have to post a video clip because I feel like text is too boring without some sort of multimedia component. Here's a clip of Evie showing first signs of desiring to crawl and she's jabbering up a storm. This might be interesting to only Grandparents and maybe Aunt Danielle, but here it is anyways.


No comments: